Jane WareAge: 30 years18221852

Name
Jane Ware
Given names
Jane
Surname
Ware
Birth 1822
Emigration
Arrived as an orphan on the Thetis with Thomas Haley in 1842
yes

MarriageThomas HaleyView this family
December 19, 1842 (Age 20 years)
Shared note:

Reg # 4666 Fiche 940

Birth of a son
#1
Samuel Haley
1844 (Age 22 years)
Birth of a son
#2
William Haley
1846 (Age 24 years)
Birth of a son
#3
Thomas (Thos) Haley
1848 (Age 26 years)
Death March 1, 1852 (Age 30 years)
Family with Thomas Haley - View this family
husband
herself
Jane Ware
Birth: 1822Fermanagh, Ireland
Emigration: Arrived as an orphan on the Thetis with Thomas Haley in 1842
Death: March 1, 1852River Plemty, Morang, Victoria, Australia
Marriage: December 19, 1842St. James, Richmond, Victoria
2 years
son
3 years
son
3 years
son
Thomas Haley + Ann Drum - View this family
husband
husband’s wife
Marriage: September 15, 1852Parish Of St. Peters, Melbourne
16 months
step-daughter
4 years
step-daughter
1 year
step-daughter
5 years
step-daughter
5 years
step-son
2 years
step-daughter
4 years
step-daughter
1 year
step-daughter

  1. Generation 1
    1. Jane Ware was born in 1822 in Fermanagh, Ireland and died on March 1, 1852 in River Plemty, Morang, Victoria, Australia at the age of 30. She married Thomas Haley, son of Samuel Haley and Susannah (ann) White, on December 19, 1842 in St. James, Richmond, Victoria. He was born in 1821 in Harrow On The Hill, near Sudbury, Middlesex, England and died on August 11, 1868 in Broken Creek, Benalla, Vic at the age of 47.

      Children of Jane Ware and Thomas Haley:

      1. Samuel Haley (18441867)
      2. William Haley (18461930)
      3. Thomas (Thos) Haley (18481930)
  2. Generation 2back to top
    1. William Haley, son of Thomas Haley and Jane Ware, was born in 1846 in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia and died on June 8, 1930 in Moree, Nsw at the age of 84. He married Susannah Hoskin on December 29, 1868.

      Children of William Haley and Susannah Hoskin:

      1. William Haley (1869)
      2. Elizabeth Jane Haley (1872)
      3. Maria Catherine Haley (1874)
      4. Mary Ann Haley (1876)
      5. Susannah Evelina Haley (1879)
      6. Jonothan Hosken Haley (1880)
      7. Frances L Haley (1882)
      8. Thomas Hoskin (18841887)
      9. Rachel R Haley (1888)
    2. Thomas (Thos) Haley

      Thomas (Thos) Haley, son of Thomas Haley and Jane Ware, was born in 1848 in Born In Belfast, Victoria (Port Fairy) and died in 1930 in Benalla, Vic at the age of 82. He married Jane Proctor, daughter of Benjamin James Proctor and Ann Roscoe, in 1875 in Yuroke. She was born in 1856 in Yuroke and died on July 18, 1931 at the age of 75.

      Children of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor:

      1. Thomas Haley (18761945)
      2. Samuel James Haley (18781955)
      3. Mary Jane Haley (18801881)
      4. William John Haley (18811955)
      5. Ann Jane Haley (18831972)
      6. Isabella Haley (18851967)
      7. Benjamin Haley (18871967)
      8. John Haley (1888)
      9. Robert James Haley (18901971)
      10. James Robert Haley (18901952)
      11. Francis Haley (18921960)
      12. Susannah Haley (18941972)
      13. Florence May Haley (18971906)
      14. Harold Haley (18981962)
      15. Edward Charles Haley (19001924)
  3. Generation 3back to top
    1. Elizabeth Jane Haley, daughter of William Haley and Susannah Hoskin, was born in 1872 in Benalla. She married Isaac C. Mahaffey in 1892 in Moree.

    2. Thomas Haley

      Thomas Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1876 in Benalla and died in 1945 in Berwick at the age of 69. He married Esther Hooper, daughter of John Hooper and Emma Dowell.

      Children of Thomas Haley and Esther Hooper:

      1. Private
      2. Frederick Robert Haley (1908)
    3. Samuel James Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1878 in Benalla, Victoria and died on May 23, 1955 in Wangaratta, Nsw at the age of 77. He married Ella Ermine Trewin, daughter of John Trewin and Caroline Cooper.

      Children of Samuel James Haley and Ella Ermine Trewin:

      1. Dorothy Evelyn Haley (1925)
      2. Florence Caroline (Masie) Haley (19081982)
      3. Royston Haley (19101988)
      4. Lucy Maude Haley (19121982)
      5. George Hartley Trewin Haley (19131964)
      6. Gladys Haley (19131973)
      7. Robert Thomas Kitchener Haley (19151989)
      8. Private
      9. Victor Pearce Haley (19181970)
      10. Private
      11. Private
    4. Ann Jane Haley

      Ann Jane Haley, daughter of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1883 in Devenish and died in 1972 in Caulfield at the age of 89. She married William Alexander Kennedy, son of Unknown Kennedy.

      Ann Jane Haley and William Alexander Kennedy had 3 children.

    5. Isabella Haley, daughter of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1885 in Devenish and died in 1967 in Yarrawonga at the age of 82.

    6. Benjamin Haley

      Benjamin Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1887 in Goorambat; Vic and died on September 17, 1967 in District Hospital, Tocumwal;Nsw at the age of 80. He married Lena Elizabeth Cotter, daughter of James Henry Cotter and Catherine Ann Byrne, in 1925 in Vic. She was born on April 23, 1901 in Glenrowan;Vic and died on August 21, 1969 in District Hospital, Tocumwal;Nsw at the age of 68.

      Children of Benjamin Haley and Lena Elizabeth Cotter:

      1. Patricia Haley (1925)
      2. Ronald Benjamin Haley (19272018)
      3. Edward Thomas Haley (19311987)
    7. Robert James Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1890 in Devenish and died about 1971. He married Annie Kennedy, daughter of Unknown Kennedy.

      Robert James Haley and Annie Kennedy had 3 children.

    8. James Robert Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born about 1890 and died on September 16, 1952. He married Henrietta Vicary.

      Children of James Robert Haley and Henrietta Vicary:

      1. Private
      2. Esma Haley (1913)
      3. Private
      4. Leslie James Haley (1912)
      5. Private
      6. Private
    9. Francis Haley, daughter of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1892 in Devenish and died in 1960 in Melbourne at the age of 68.

      Children of Francis Haley:

      1. Private
      2. Private
      3. Leo Francis Doherty (19191973)
    10. Susannah Haley

      Susannah Haley, daughter of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1894 in Devenish and died in 1972 in Brighton at the age of 78.

    11. Harold Haley, son of Thomas (Thos) Haley and Jane Proctor, was born in 1898 in Devenish and died in 1962 in Benalla;Vic at the age of 64. He married Catherine Cotter, daughter of James Henry Cotter and Catherine Ann Byrne.

      Children of Harold Haley and Catherine Cotter:

      1. Private
      2. Keith Harold Haley (19231943)
      3. Private
Marriage

Reg # 4666 Fiche 940

Shared note

Came over with husband to be Thomas Haley on the "Thetis", arriving 17 feb 1842 in victoria, australia

She could read.

What is interesting is that the area they lived outside benalla was called Devenish. In Ireland, DEVENISH, a parish, in the barony of MAGHERABOY, county of FERMANAGH, and province of ULSTER, 2 1/2 miles (N. W.) from Enniskillen <enniskillen.htm>; containing 8219 inhabitants. Jane was born in county FERMANAGH, Ireland. Thomas Haley's second wife, Ann Drum was born in Enniskillen. Did they name this area based on Jane's birthplace? What was the relationship between Ann Drum and Jane Ware, if any???

DEVENISH, a parish, in the barony of MAGHERABOY, county of FERMANAGH, and province of ULSTER, 2 1/2 miles (N. W.) from Enniskillen <enniskillen.htm>; containing 8219 inhabitants. This parish takes its name, signifying "Ox Island," from the island of Devenish in Lough Erne; and comprises, according to the Ordnance survey (including a detached portion and islands), 32,243 1/4 statute acres, of which 1436 1/4 are in Lower Lough Erne, 193 3/4 in Lough Melvin, and 312 3/4 It in small lakes. More than half may be considered good arable land, and the remainder pasture and mountain ; the system of agriculture improves very slowly. The river Scillies, rising in the mountains near Church hill, intersects the parish, and proceeding in a southward direction falls into Lough Erne, near Enniskillen; and several inconsiderable lakes are scattered over the parish. Over the Scillies are three bridges, each of three arches, and there is also a bridge over an arm of Lough Erne. The surface is very uneven, and in the centre is a chain of mountains of great breadth, extending four miles, and frequently interspersed with patches of arable and meadow land, the greater part affording pasture only in dry seasons. In that part of the parish near Enniskillen there is a scarcity of bog, but in other parts there is sufficient to supply the inhabitants with fuel. There are excellent quarries of limestone, and on the shore of Lough Erne is some of superior quality, which is quarried for manufacturing into chimney-pieces and for building, and for the conveyance of which the lake affords every facility. The village of Monea is wholly within the parish, and there are two others, Derrygonnelly and Garrison, of which the former is partly in Innismacsaint, in which also is situated an isolated portion of this parish, constituting the farm of Aughamuldoney. Of the gentlemen's seats, the principal are Ely Lodge, the property of the Marquess of Ely, situated on a picturesque island in Lough Erne, connected with the mainland by a bridge, and commanding an interesting view of wood and water in beautiful combination; Graan, the seat of A. Nixon, Esq.; Castletown, of J. Brien, Esq.; and Hall Craig, the property of J. Weir, Esq., an ancient and spacious mansion beautifully situated on the banks of the Scillies. The manufacture of linen is carried on by most of the farmers, who engage weavers to work at their own looms, and many of the women are employed in spinning flax. The river Scillies abounds with pike, bream, and perch, and salmon is occasionally taken in it; and in Lough Melvin, near the western boundary of the parish, is found the Gillaroo trout. Lough Erne is navigable from Belturbet to Belleek, a distance of 40 miles; and the river Scillies is also partly navigable but is very little used. Fairs are held at Monea on Feb. 7th, Whit-Monday, .July 7th Aug, 26th, Oct. 13th, and Nov. 12th, for cattle of all kinds, yarn, and turner's ware; fairs are also held at Garrison and Derrygonnelly. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clogher, constituting the corps of the prebend of Devenish in the cathedral of Clogher, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £295.7. 8 1 1/4 The glebe-house was erected in 1820, by aid or a loan of £843 from the late Board of First Fruits, the glebe comprises 400 acres. The parish church, for the repair of which the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £205, 10. 10., is an ancient edifice without any remarkable architectural features, situated in the village of Monea. There is a chapel of ease at Garrison, erected by aid of a gift of £900 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1828: it is served by a curate, and divine service is also performed in a farm-house on the mountains. In the R C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, called also Derrygonnelly <derrygonnelly.htm>, and comprising also parts of the parishes of Innismacsaint <../don/inishmacsaint.htm> and Bohoe <bohoe.htm>; there are three chapels, one at Monea, one at Derrygonnelly, and one at Garrison, all plain structures. There are places of worship for Wesleyan Methodists, at Derrygonnelly and at Springfield, in each of which divine service is performed on alternate Sundays. Schools are supported by the rector at Monea and Levelly; a school for children of both sexes is supported at Moyglass, by the Marquess of Ely; one at Derrygonnelly, and another at Monea, by Mrs. Brien, of Castletown; and there is a school under the National Board at Knocknashannon, altogether affording gratuitou instruction to 450 children, there are two pay schools, in which are about 50 boys and 50 girls. The Island of Devenish appears to have derived its early importance from the foundation of a religious establishment, in honour of St. Mary, by St. Laserian, called also Molaisse and now Molush, who died in 563, and was succeeded by St. Natalis, son of Aengus, King of Connaught. This establishment was plundered by the Danes in 822, 834, and 961, and appears to have been refounded in 1130, and to have continued till the dissolution. The island, though not in itself very remarkable for picturesque beauty, forms a portion of the most interesting scenery in Lough Erne; it comprises about 70 or 80 Irish acres, and the land is so fertile as to require little or no manure; when viewed from the water, it presents an outline of oval form, but whether from neglect, or from the great value of the land, it is entirely destitute of timber of its ancient religious establishments there are some interesting remains, the lower church, dedicated to St. Molush, is 76 feet long and 21 feet wide, with a large aisle on the north; and near it is an ancient building, 30 feet long and 18 feet wide, with a roof entirely of hewn stone, called St. Molush's house. Near the summit of the hill are the remains of the abbey, of which the ruined church is 94 feet long and 24 feet wide, with a large aisle northward; near the centre is an arch of black marble, resting on four pillars and supporting a belfry tower, with a grand winding staircase loading to the summit, which commands an extensive prospect over the lake and the surrounding country. Within the abbey is a stone, bearing the inscription, in old Saxon characters, "Matheus O'Dubagan hoc opus fecit, Bartholomeo O'Flannagan Priori de Daminis. A. D. 1449." About 100 paces from the abbey is St. Nicholas' well to which great numbers formerly resorted. Near the church of the abbey is an ancient round tower in excellent preservation. it is 82 feet high and 49 in circumference, and formed of stones accurately hewn to the external and internal curve, and cemented with mortar in quantity so small that the joints of the stones are almost imperceptible; it is covered with a conical roof of hewn stones in diminishing series; under the cornice which encircles it at the top, and which is divided into four equal compartments, each containing a sculptured subject, are four windows facing the cardinal points, above each of which is a carved human head; below there are other windows at different distances, and about seven feet from the base is the entrance doorway, about four feet high. This beautiful monument of antiquity, which was beginning to show symptomsof partial dilapidation, was thoroughly repaired in 1835. There are some remains of an old castle at Monea, and of an ancient family residence at Tullycalter; several Danish forts are scattered over the parish; and in the bog:; have been found querns or handmills for grinding corn, the stones of which were about two feet in diameter.